Travertine is a natural stone and a type of limestone formed by calcium-rich spring water. The movement of water gives travertine its familiar stripes and the gasses within cause bubbles and holes within the stone. Therefore, travertine is characterized by pitted holes and troughs in its surface which means that it has a concentric texture and porous surface. It can also be polished to a smooth, shiny finish, and comes in a variety of colors from grey to coral-red.
The warm hues and soft texture of travertine give it an old-world feel that has never gone out of style and never will.
The primary purpose of the travertine stone is in the building. Also, It is one of the several natural stones that are used for paving patios, courtyards and garden paths. Since travertine, like many other natural stones, is very durable against heat, it is a good idea to use it for exterior decorations. The Coliseum in Rome, Italy is the perfect example of great architecture.
Travertine is the best option if you would like to add a sense of luxury to your foyer or hallway Brings the most Distinguished Modern Residential and Commercial Application
- Kitchen countertops
- Swimming pool decking
- Floor covering
- Travertine is cheaper than other stone
- Travertine is very durable (water and moisture resistant)
- Travertine is the type of stone which is more eco-friendly
- Naturally non-slippery texture which makes the ideal choice to be installed in swimming pools, bathrooms, showers, floors and on pool decks.
- Travertine stone has a lot of holes in it. This is perhaps the most important disadvantage of the travertine material. Exposure to air and moisture can cause these holes to tear after a while
- Travertine is not an appropriate choice for a hardworking kitchen countertop
- Travertine requires much more attention in order to preserve its beauty and everlasting sense of elegance
Travertine comes in a variety of colors. Apart from its natural color variations, travertine also comes in different types of finishes; polished, matte, brushed, and tumbled And thickness is vary from 2cm to 5cm and width from 40cm to 60cm. All of our slabs can be customized to offer your desire sizes (width and length) as much as it is possible.
Here we have listed the most famous travertine colors:
- WHITE CLASSIC
- PERSIAN RED